Destinus is an aerospace technology company founded under the belief that in the future, distance shouldn’t matter at all. We are therefore building the near-space vehicles and the associated infrastructure to power the world’s fastest and cleanest transportation system. Moving at the border of Space, our hydrogen-powered vehicles are ten times faster than conventional aircraft, providing the just-in-time backbone for logistics, e-commerce, and supply chain companies. We define a new class of fast: our mission is to bring your stuff to the other side of the world in less than 2 hours.
Scientific Software Developer (4-6 months internship)
The design of aerospace vehicles relies extensively on numerical tools. Due to the intrinsic multi-disciplinary character of such design, the inputs (aero, mission, structure, weight estimates, etc.) originate from different tools. In order to complete a design cycle interaction between the tools is required and is achieved through scripting. For rapid design analyses, a level of automation is needed in which the software developer plays a central role.
- You’ll be at the heart of the vehicle design chain contributing with your software developers skills;
- Python code scripting to interact with the tools and improve the efficiency of the design.
- Advanced Python knowledge;
- Knowledge of scientific libraries of Python (numpy, scipy, matplotlib, pandas);
- Interest in aircraft design;
- Flexibility in learning new softwares and how to interact with them;
- Familiarity with sustainable software development (testing, PEP8);
- Experience with Git;
- Fluent in English as working language.
Preferred skills & experience:
- German and French languages are beneficial;
Destinus is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity in our companies and our teams. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, colour, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
Interested in the role? Send your CV to our VP of Systems Engineering, Alex Wicks: email@example.com.