Destinus is an aerospace technology company founded under the belief that in the future, distance shouldn’t matter at all. We are therefore building the near-space vehicles and the associated infrastructure to power the world’s fastest and cleanest transportation system. Moving at the border of Space, our hydrogen-powered vehicles are ten times faster than conventional aircraft, providing the just-in-time backbone for logistics, e-commerce, and supply chain companies. We define a new class of fast: our mission is to bring your stuff to the other side of the world in less than 2 hours.
External Component Engineer (4-6 months internship)
An Engineer at Destinus is responsible for the developing and doing design activities related Air Turbo Rocket-Fuel distribution systems (FDS), valves and pump. The task will be present the Team lead and respective personal at Destinus.
- Develop requirements for FDS, Valves and Pump of Air Turbo Rockets and its variants;
- Prepare detail design solution of FDS, Valves and Pump and preliminary detail 3D models and flow analysis reports;
- Fuel distribution system:
- Design and build systems that distribute fuel and oxidizer;
- Sizing of tanks, wall thickness of tanks and volumetric calculations;
- Selections of pipes and routing in Fuel manifold, Perform tube diameter calculations, bend radius, tube length and flow rate for entire manifold;
- Design connectors, brackets and valves for rigid and flexi connections between the tubes;
- Material selection;
- Design and sizing of valves to meet FDS requirements;
- Selection of different valves and its application and suitability for Aero engine;
- Design and sizing of the pump for feed system and cooling channels;
- Design pump to meet Fuel and Oxidizer pressure, temp, mass flow requirements and failure modes of pump and corrective actions and changes in design;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience in multi-functional team environment.
- BEng/MSc/PhD in Aerospace engineering or Aeronautical Engineering;
- Hands on experience with Siemens NX, STAR CCM+, Simcenter 3D, MatLab & expertise on MS Office software;
- Fluent in English as working language.
Preferred skills & experience:
- German and French languages are beneficial;
Destinus is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity in our companies and our teams. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, colour, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
Interested in the role? Send your CV to our VP of Systems Engineering, Alex Wicks: email@example.com.